Be a Part of the Team
Do you have research, strategy, and community engagement expertise that you’d like to use for the greater good? We are on the lookout for talented candidates with diverse experience to help our public and social sector clients achieve their missions.
For the latest openings at each of our offices, click here.
We value our employees. As part of our team, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that offers both security and flexibility. In addition to standard benefits like health, dental, and vision insurance and 401K plan, we also offer:
- Holistic wellness. We recognize the importance of your well-being. Our staff enjoys monthly reimbursements for gym and fitness classes as well as in-office wellness activities.
- Family and community support. We promote work/life balance and community engagement through benefits such as family leave and an annual charitable matching program.
- Staff development. We provide both internal (e.g. trainings) and external (e.g. conferences) professional development opportunities.
Why Work Here
- The work. We work with organizations dedicated to creating social change at different levels. Many of our clients work at the cutting edge of such fields as health equity, education reform, community transformation, and systems change. We support their efforts with sophisticated, creative, innovative approaches of our own. See more about our work.
- The values. We know that skillful research and strategy work must also include an explicit commitment to social impact. Our team is invested in helping organizations close the opportunity gap for underserved and marginalized communities. We are also committed to working with clients and one another in ways that are collaborative and reflective. Learn more about what we believe.
- The people. Our success rests squarely on the talents and insights of our team members. We are a diverse group of more than 70 smart, dynamic, and just plain fun people. We bring together an incredible mix of life experiences, professional backgrounds, and personal passions. Get to know our team.
Who We Look For
- You have strong applied research and planning skills. You are comfortable adapting methods to different community and organizational settings, and are eager to integrate new ideas and techniques into your work.
- You have real-world perspective. You have first-hand insights into the needs of underserved communities and the complexities that public and social organizations face in creating lasting social benefits.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy working in a dynamic team-based setting, are good at juggling multiple responsibilities, and are able to communicate clearly with others.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Harder+Company, we work every day to put the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion into concrete practices and actions.
- We strive to have our staff reflect the rich diversity of the communities our clients serve. We understand that having a diverse team strengthens our work, increases our impact, and enriches the quality of our workplace.
- We create opportunities for all staff to make meaningful contributions and take on new challenges. Open dialogue, fairness, and engagement are central to how we empower our team members to do their best work.
- We value and include diverse perspectives at all levels of decision-making. We foster a work culture where staff are welcomed, respected, and can be their full selves.