Harder+Company helps nonprofits, public agencies, and foundations to pursue their missions through high-quality research and consulting services. We provide data-driven analysis to help organizations understand the results of their programs and initiatives—and translate that data into actionable improvements. Our expertise spans a wide range of social impact areas, such as healthcare, social services, community development, educational achievement, arts and culture, and violence prevention. Consulting services provided by our firm include program evaluation, strategic planning, community engagement, and nonprofit capacity-building.
Our Values. Harder+Company Community Research began with a conversation between two like-minded people in 1986. They believed it was possible—necessary—to apply high quality research and planning to the social sector. Our work continues to revolve around the five core values established at our founding:
- Commitment: We are deeply dedicated to improving the lives of people and communities through work that has direct social impact.
- Respect: Our work pays a high level of respect to the experiences, insights, and perspectives of our clients, fellow team members, and the people and communities we serve.
- Collaboration: Our company thrives on a deep level of engagement and interaction among staff and with our clients and stakeholders.
- Diversity: We believe that communities benefit from inclusive, culturally based services, and we back that up with a staff that is truly diverse on many levels.
- Integrity: We strive to maintain the highest ethical standards in our practice, and work every day to ensure that we help our clients achieve meaningful social impact.
Our Team. With offices in San Francisco, Davis, Los Angeles, and San Diego, our research and consulting staff is culturally and ethnically diverse, multi-lingual, and hails from a wide range of professional and academic backgrounds. Our management team provides direction for the firm and leadership within the field of social sector evaluation and planning. Moreover, many of our team members contribute their time and energy to causes in their own communities.
Employment. As a dynamic and growing company, we welcome hearing from job seekers with a passion for community research and social impact.